Friday, April 14, 2017

Stories from our childhood.


Dover Publishers

Author and Illustrator taken from from, Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Frederick Richardson was an American illustrator of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, best remembered for his illustrations of works by L. Frank Baum. A native Chicagoan, Richardson studied at the St. Louis School of Fine Arts and at the Académie Julian in Paris. He taught at the Chicago Art Institute for seven years; Albert Henry Krehbiel and Dulah Evans Krehbiel were two of his students. He was "a slightly-built, gray-eyed man" whose work "was strongly influenced by the Art Nouveau movement...." From 1892 on, if not earlier, Richardson made a living as a newspaper illustrator, working for the Chicago Daily News; he produced many pictures of the famous World's Columbian Exposition in 1893. His employers valued his work highly enough to send Richardson back to Paris to cover the Exposition Universelle Internationale, the world's fair of 1900. A collection of his newspaper work from the Daily News was published in 1899.

Age Range: 4 - 8 years   Grade Level: Preschool - 3
Series: Calla Editions      Hardcover: 208 pages
Publisher: Calla Editions (April 21, 2016) Language: English
ISBN-10: 1606600850  ISBN-13: 978-1606600856
Product Dimensions: 10.8 x 0.9 x 9.2 inches


Rooster from Mother Goose




This book just made me go ahhhhhhh when I opened it.  I am a great-grandmother and I want to read these stories to my great-grandchildren that I read or was read too when I was a little girl, so many years ago.  Dover Publication sent me this book in exchange for my honest review.  I has all the old favorites as "The Three Bears" Red Riding Hood" " Chicken Little", "The Wolf and the Fox" and so many more, 18 stories in all and the illustration done by Frederick Richardson are so pretty, some in color and some in black and white.  There is 199 pages in all and the front and back inside covers are a double page picture.  I wish I could scan one of the pictures but the book is too large to go in my scanner. 
I know you will love this book as much as I do and I can't wait until I can read it to one of my great-grands.
This author and illustrator was born in 1862 in the US and died 1937.