Monday, March 13, 2017

First Book by Tony Deaton


Ain't Had So Much Fun Since Uncle Quentin Died

Memories of Growing Up in Rural South Carolina

by

Tony Deaton



  • Independent Publishing Platform;
  • 1 edition (July 4, 2016)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1535002182
  • ISBN-13: 978-1535002189
  • Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.5 x 9 inches


  • I happened to be one of the lucky first readers, thanks to Tony. If you lived back in the 50s and 60s in the rural part of Oconee County of South Carolina then you will fit right in with this book. Even though it is about Tony's family in which I am part of, all of you will see a part of yourselves in this book. As I read it I knew everyone and everything that he was writing about and loved it all. Brought back so many memories. I am older than Tony and had left the area in the later part of the book and knew his older siblings better than I knew Tony. But I believe you will enjoy this book and I am sure even if you didn't live in the South you will learn a lot about the way it used to be and still is in some parts.
    Tony is an Opera singer now but he is still a country boy at heart
    .